Canada Summer Jobs – Web Developer Intern
The award-winning charity Story Studio (www.storystudio.ca) seeks a creative and collaborative Web Developer Intern with strong technical skills to lead planning, publishing, curating, and updating content and features on our main website and several project-specific websites. The Web Developer, reporting to the Executive Director, will also help guide efforts to better understand Story Studio’s various digital audiences, engage key individuals and institutions, and expand our digital communities. The ideal candidate shares our passion about the power of digital communication to engage our audience through compelling content in multiple formats. S/he is a proactive team player with solid personal communication skills and a genuine interest in Story Studio’s mission to inspire, educate and empower youth to become great storytellers, transforming lives and strengthening communities.
Please note that this position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program, and requires that applicants be a) between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;(b) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and (c) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations. Note that international students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizen. Please confirm that you meet these criteria before submitting your application.
- In collaboration with Program Coordinator and Executive Director, designs and implements Story Studio’s digital engagement strategies.
- Posts content on the storystudio.ca site and project sites using WordPress, and seeks ways to enhance audience experiences.
- Supports Story Studio staff on digital communications needs for their program activities.
- Tracks and analyzes web statistics for websites and social media; compiles statistics and metrics
- Using web audience and social media mapping and analysis tools, strategically develops and maintains links with target individuals and organizations.
- Contributes to social media activities as needed via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other platforms.
- Working with the Program Coordinator, compiles and sends Story Studio email updates through MailChimp; analyzes contact lists to better understand and target audiences, identifies “champions” and “influencers.”
- Demonstrated experience working in a WordPress environment
- Demonstrated experience writing engaging online content (a writing sample may be requested)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little oversight and fulfill duties within a specified time frame
- Demonstrated graphic design skills
- Must have own access to laptop/internet connection, as the position is remote
Contract length: 8 weeks
Application deadline: 2021-06-01
Expected start date: 2021-06-28
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Yes. Position, including training, is fully remote, if required.
- WordPress: 1 year (required)
- English (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19